Friday 22 April 2011

Monomoron-a new concept

The term "moron" is thrown around a lot. Mainly at stupid people, because they deserve it. But what about people who are actually really intelligent, but hold the occasional stupid belief? For example, a creationist doctor, or an astrology-believing scientist? Or a neo-Nazi rationalist? Or a homophobic psychologist?

I have decided to call these people monomorons. They are reasonable, sensible people who also hold batshit crazy or fucktarded views. Everyone knows several. A lot of people are one themselves, but might not recognise it. I might be one, but the nature of monomoronicism means that I could never tell unless it was pointed out to me. I would hope, however, that I would at least be able to self-rectify such an irrationality.

No comments:

Post a Comment